Tuesday 1 July 2014

BUNKAYA ZAKKATEN (文化屋雑貨店)

I have always been a fan of Bunkaya Zakkaten文化屋雑貨店 but I usually go to the one in Tsim Sha
Tsui since its closer to where I live (in Hong Kong). The one in Causeway Bay closed down last Sunday and it upset me :( So yea, I took Olivia, a friend I met in uni in Sydney, who's also super awesome and stylish and cool, to the Causeway Bay shop before it closed down. 

The one in Tsim Sha Tsui is super awesome as well, its totally CHECK-OUT-WORTHY!!

Bunkaya Zakkaten文化屋雑貨店 is a vintage store that sells all types of old / vintage stuff, when I say ALL, I mean ALL haha ! So they sell vintage clothes, vintage toys, vintage accessories, vintage shoes, vintage masks, vintage backpacks, vintage chairs and vintage EVERYTHIINNGGGG 


Vintage stores like Bunkaya Zakkaten文化屋雑貨店 actually really need more support in a dead city like Hong Kong. 

Hong Kong people are often very ignorant, they are always restricted in what the majority of the city think is good and the rest are considered as "weird" and "strange". I am sure, if you're from or you've been to Hong Kong, you would have noticed that most local girls wear the same style and listen to the same songs and like the same brands and put on the same lip colour... 

Since my style is considered more extreme and dramatic, I do get a lot of stares (non-friendly / judgey type ) on the MTR or when I'm just causally walking on the street... This is why I think people in Hong Kong really should expose themselves to more interesting things and explore more.. Otherwise these types of cute shops will just keep closing down and the city Hong Kong will forever remain boring 

No comments:

Post a Comment